They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are several. The first weekend in March the local shriner's club put on a circus. They gave away free tickets to all the children in the area. So Little K and I thought we would go. It was amazing! DH and I had watched a show about the famous Wallenda family last summer, so how excited I was to actually get to see them perform! The family has broken into smaller performing troupes, but the gentleman walking the highwiere 90ft in the air is the grandson of the famous Carl Wallenda. It is his granddaughter who is on the top of the pyramids in the tightropre act. She is only eleven! Little K was not as excited for these acts, they were very far away and he got tired of looking through the camera with me. His favorites were the tigers, the elephants (one pooped on the stool and then sat on it, he thought that was so gross yet so funny), the motorcycle act in the giant steel ball, and the diving board/trampoline act. The diving board/trampoline act had a lot of slapstick humor in it, which Little K enjoys right now. Sorry, not all of the pictures turned out, so I am missing some acts. In all entirety it lasted for five hours, they were performing five shows from Friday night thru Sunday, with three shows on Saturday. I can't even imagine how tired those performers must be!
Saturday, April 17, 2010
The Circus Came to Town!
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are several. The first weekend in March the local shriner's club put on a circus. They gave away free tickets to all the children in the area. So Little K and I thought we would go. It was amazing! DH and I had watched a show about the famous Wallenda family last summer, so how excited I was to actually get to see them perform! The family has broken into smaller performing troupes, but the gentleman walking the highwiere 90ft in the air is the grandson of the famous Carl Wallenda. It is his granddaughter who is on the top of the pyramids in the tightropre act. She is only eleven! Little K was not as excited for these acts, they were very far away and he got tired of looking through the camera with me. His favorites were the tigers, the elephants (one pooped on the stool and then sat on it, he thought that was so gross yet so funny), the motorcycle act in the giant steel ball, and the diving board/trampoline act. The diving board/trampoline act had a lot of slapstick humor in it, which Little K enjoys right now. Sorry, not all of the pictures turned out, so I am missing some acts. In all entirety it lasted for five hours, they were performing five shows from Friday night thru Sunday, with three shows on Saturday. I can't even imagine how tired those performers must be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment