After my finals ended, I began watching my friend's three children while she completed her IPPE rotation. During the last week, we decided to try and visit as many parks as we could. There are over 70 parks in our town, not counting the surrounding communities. My friend's oldest daughter wanted to spend about 10 minutes at each park, then move on to the next, kind of like speed dating only visiting parks. We did this for two half days, and one whole day and made it to 28 parks total. It was a lot of fun, and for Little K and I we got to see parts of the city that we had never seen before.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Better to be late than never...
I guess it is about time that I posted again. My school ended in mid-May. I did not do as well as I wanted, but I did pass. So I will start my third and final year of classes in the fall (the fourth year is just rotations). I know that it will be even harder than what I have had so far (there will be at least one 4 hour final!), but for now I going to relax a little. So after finals were over, I began to make preparations for Little K's 7th birthday. He decided on a Ben 10 theme with the party held at a local YMCA. I made omnitrix watches out of felt for the boys and Gwen pink beaded bracelets for the girls.
I spent all day making a three-layer cartoon style cake of Kevin Levin's car. After I got a few pictures, Little K pulled part of it off of the cutting board that it was placed on. In order to not break the cake, I had to completely slide it off onto the table, hold the cutting board even with the tabletop and reslide the cake back onto the cutting board. If you haven't guessed it yet, as soon as the car was completely on the cutting board again, the front of the cutting board dropped and the car landed upside down on the kitchen floor. This was ten minutes before we were due to leave for the party. So we made a mad dash to Walmart for a birthday cake and then on to the party.


Almost everyone that Little K invited came to the party and it looked like they all had a lot of fun. Who knows what we will do next year!






The last week of Little K's school the first grades held a picnic lunch that parents could come to if they wanted. I have been reading to Little K's class every Friday since January, so it was fun to see all of them outside playing with each other and getting to see some of the kids from his class last year. Hopefully, I can work it out to help in his class next year.
After my finals ended, I began watching my friend's three children while she completed her IPPE rotation. During the last week, we decided to try and visit as many parks as we could. There are over 70 parks in our town, not counting the surrounding communities. My friend's oldest daughter wanted to spend about 10 minutes at each park, then move on to the next, kind of like speed dating only visiting parks. We did this for two half days, and one whole day and made it to 28 parks total. It was a lot of fun, and for Little K and I we got to see parts of the city that we had never seen before.
After my finals ended, I began watching my friend's three children while she completed her IPPE rotation. During the last week, we decided to try and visit as many parks as we could. There are over 70 parks in our town, not counting the surrounding communities. My friend's oldest daughter wanted to spend about 10 minutes at each park, then move on to the next, kind of like speed dating only visiting parks. We did this for two half days, and one whole day and made it to 28 parks total. It was a lot of fun, and for Little K and I we got to see parts of the city that we had never seen before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sad about your cake!!! Oh, I can't imagine how disappointed you must have been. But it looks like everything worked out okay in the end- kids don't seem to care what they're eating as long as there's sugar involved!
Thant is an AWESOME cake. Way to go! Thanks for coming to dinner last night. it was fun to have you guys!
Post a Comment