Today was Little K's first day of school. Last night we packed his backpack and he decided he wanted to bring lunch. So this morning I got up and made a big breakfast and prepared his lunch. He woke up just as I finished and was surprisingly in a good mood. (He is a night owl and while he normally wakes up happy it is at a much later time in the morning.) He was allowed to pick out which of his new school shirts to wear and after we were all ready we left. We were a little late because mom got confused as to which direction we needed to go for drop off. DH and Little K practiced all day yesterday on how to behave in school. Listen to your teacher, don't talk too much, be nice to the other kids, etc. DH even gave Little K a father's blessing last night to help him do well. I actually made it through the drop off without any tears falling, I was proud of myself and him. He reported at the end of the day that he ran, then he ran down the hall and there was dad. DH said that the Mrs. H reported that Little K behaved amazingly well!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
I have a Kindergartner!
I'll start with back to school night, it was held on Monday. I am not sure what all we did on Monday, but it wore little K out. He fell asleep about 45 minutes before we were supposed to leave for his school. So we woke him up to take him, he was not very happy with us and had some really bad curly bed hair. He perked up when he played with the toys, but otherwise was a little grumpy. He did meet his teacher and toured his new classroom. I was shocked at how little he is compared to some of his classmates. There was a little girl, or not so little, who met the teacher just ahead of us. Little K did not even come up to her shoulder! I fully believe that the Scandinavian breed is taller.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Little K is gonna love school and so are you. Don't worry about him being the "short kid" Just think of it this way... He will always be in the front row and easy to see in any class pictures and group events. Which is great for photos. so lucky you!
I can't believe he is old enough to be in school! He looks so cute with his backpack!
I can't believe that he is already in school. To me, it seems that there is NO way that he could be that old already! WOW! Sounds like a great first day. :)
He looks darling. I'm glad he liked the first day. My kids weren't too excited about heading back. Of course they have a few years on little K. Sorry I missed your phone call for my birthday, and I got your card today. Thanks so much. You are always so thoughtful. Love you guys. By the way isn't it awesome dad can give him a fathers blessing. Love you guys.
Post a Comment