Monday, January 12, 2009
Sad, kind of...
Well I have officially made it through my first night and most of the first day without a DH nearby. He has taken a new job and left for MO yesterday, from there only the dispatchers know. Withthis company he is supposed to be home every weekend which is a big positive! I talked with a dear friend several days ago and she said I should really post my feelings, no matter what. I told her I would probably post when DH left, but now that he is gone, my feelings are not what I thought they would be. One of the biggest reasons we accepted a job with this company, aside from all that was wrong with the company he was at, was that there was a small chance he could get a run to UT and see family. Not sure how big that chance is, his new truck is apparently a flat-land truck cause it balked at the MO hills. But that chance meant a lot to him, his eyes just lit up during the interview when the recruiter told him there was a chance. For me it was the nail in the coffin so to speak, but I still felt like we were giving up a lot for that (not having DH home every night). I thought that I might regret it some, but now that the day is here and he is gone, I don't. I am hopeful that the chance might come to fruition, I know it would mean the world to him, and that is all that really matters. I know that he is doing the best he can to provide for us, so that I can go to school and be with Little K without worrying about other things. I have been very blessed to have DH in my life and double blessed with his and our children. The only feelings I have is that yes I miss him, but oh how I love my family. My big extended family, all the kids, my in-laws, and my family. My Heavenly Father has truly blessed me and He will continue to watch over and care for us. So there it is I have laid out my feelings, no matter what.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a tender post. How you must love DH and how positive you are about the whole situation! That is such an example to me.
I'm sorry dh is not able to be home every night. I am glad you are able to put a smile when you are sad but don't forget to take care of yourself too.
Post a Comment